The Duke of Edinburgh
Berkshire SL4 2DP
The Duke of Edinburgh is located in Woodside, a small hamlet at Ascot. Ascot, town and racecourse, is located at the southern end of Windsor Great Park. Famous for its racecourse, Ascot is conveniently situated for the commuter. Its main line railway station offers a 45 – 50 minute journey into London Waterloo and it is serviced by a network of motorways; M3, M4, M25 and M40. Heathrow Airport is just 25 minutes away, and Gatwick is within an hour’s travel. Ascot, Sunninghill and Sunningdale all have thriving High Streets and a strong community spirit. The nearby towns of Windsor, Bracknell, Camberley, Reading, Woking and Guildford provide a wide range of facilities, health clubs, theatres and shops. Surrounded by countryside, which rich in natural beauty, with Virginia Water Lake, Windsor Great Park and Savill Gardens all situated within a few miles.
The Duke of Edinburgh can be found just 1/2 mile from the race course.
Local Attractions Include:
- Savill Gardens (5 km)- Set within the grounds of historic Windsor Great Park, Sir Eric Savill designed these gardens to be the finest woodland and botanical garden. Creating harmonious colour and vista throughout the seasons.
- Ascot Racecourse (1 km)- The event is as much associated with fashion as it is with betting, with spectators dressed in haute couture style, most notably with large, often outrageous hats. The royal family are also in attendance, travelling down the course in open-top carriages. Ascot race course web site here.
- Legoland (5 km)- Legoland Windsor, the UKs No.1. Family attraction has a host of exciting attractions and entertainment programmes to thrill every member of the family.
- Windsor Castle (8km)- Just a short drive away is the historical Windsor Castle in all its beauty. HM Queen resides at Windsor on a regular basis, and there is the very popular daily change of the Guards’ march from the local barracks.
- Virginia Water (3km) – Famous for its wonderful lake in idealic setting, this Crown Park is a stone throw away.
Wentworth Golf Course is nearby, as is Sunningdale’s PGA course. Numerous other golf courses are within a 10-minute drive from the Duke. LegoLand is a great day out for the kids and is also only a 10-minute drive from the Duke of Edinburgh.